problem mounting two servers

Subject: problem mounting two servers
From: charlie wood (charlie@id-inc.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 17:18:39 EDT

Yo atalk brethren and sistren.

I've got a problem that I'm sure someone has discovered (he said,
hopefully):

I've got two separate servers, each have unique network.node addresses. For
illustrative purposes, we'll call one Bob and the other Sally (names changed
to protect the innocent). Whenever one of Bob's volumes are mounted on the
client desktop, and then an attempt is made by that client to connect to
Sally, via the Chooser, instead of Sally's login dialog, the "already
connected to "Bob"" dialog comes up. Selecting "OK" takes the user to Bob's
volumes list. The only way to actually connect to Sally, under these
circumstances, is to either unmount all of Bob's volumes, or make the
connection to Sally via afp (clicking the IP Address button in the Chooser
window, typing in the IP address, etc.).

Anybody else run across this? Fixed? Solutions? Ideas? It looks like
something with atalkd, and not afpd.

I'm:
RH Linux 7.1 running on Intel-based hardware
1.5pre6 (although the problem has been around since 1.4b2)

Clients:
G3 & G4 desktops, all running OS9.1

thanks in advance.

</charlie>

Charlie Wood

IT Manager
ID, Incorporated
1620 SW Taylor St Suite 100 Portland, OR 97205
{v} 503-223-7737 {f} 503-223-2719
{e} charlie@id-inc.com {w} http://www.id-inc.com