Can't get 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 working properly

Subject: Can't get 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 working properly
From: David J. Topper (topper@virginia.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 18:48:47 EDT

Hi folks,

A few main problems:

1. I can't get this thing to TCP wrap. Everything else on my box works
fine with wrappers except Netatalk, which just lets anybody in. I
commented out the line in the toplevel Makefile. Still no dice. It
points to /usr/inlucde which is where all the .h's it needs should be.

2. Logging in. I can only log in as guest. I do have the -DSHADOWPW
option set in the afpd makefile. I'm running a Slackware box with md5
passwords. Slackware doesn't use PAM as far as I know.

3. Printing. I won't go there now. #1 an #2 are enough to chew on.

Any advice / input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DT

--
Technical Director, Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~djt7p