Files not appearing in folder on mac client

Subject: Files not appearing in folder on mac client
From: Stuart Haas (shaas@vibe.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 16:54:17 EDT

Hi,

I've encountered a strange problem with files that exist on the server not
showing up on Mac clients. Mainly this happens with Microsoft office
documents created on a PC (running SAMBA on the server). I can view the
documents fine on the PC, but you can't see them on the Mac.

I noticed that if you look in the .AppleDouble folder, that the files that
can't be seen on the Mac, don't appear there.

I am running the Netatalk 1.5pre6rh7, AFP over TCP/IP, on Redhat 7.1, with
2.4.6 kernel.

Any suggestions?

Stuart
Stuart Haas