Filesize limit

Subject: Filesize limit
From: Frank Joerdens (frank@joerdens.de)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 14:00:17 EDT

Is there a filesize limit built into netatalk? I am wondering cuz I am
trying to build a fileserver that supports files > 2GB. Initially I
thought it was a filesystem problem cuz some versions of Linux in
combination with certain kernels and glibc versions and filesystems
(e.g. Reiser <= 3.5) don't support files > 2GB. However, I am using SuSE
7.0 with kernel 2.2.16 and ext2 which _does_ allow files > 2 GB (just
created a tar archive with 10). Trying to copy a file > 2 GB from a Mac,
however results in an error (-40 I think it was).

This was using the version

netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-130

Does anyone have the latest and greatest news on this issue?

Ta, Frank