Re: [Netatalk-devel] dropped connections

Subject: Re: [Netatalk-devel] dropped connections
From: Nigel Pegram (editor.ac@churchesofchrist.org.au)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 20:08:24 EDT

<snip>
> That all done you could use samba to upload your
> massive files (dont forget you can also go file-open rather than
> clicking on an file, to open it in an application other than the one it
> was created by).

If you edit your AppleVolumes.system file, you can specify what mapping of
file extensions takes place for files uploaded without a resource fork, both
for file type and creator information.

Further note:

The afpd manual page comments that this file is used in generating a list of
volumes to offer to the user. I've always thought that was the role of
AppleVolumes.default.

Is this an error in the documentation?

Nigel.