afpd creates too many info-messages in messages file

Subject: afpd creates too many info-messages in messages file
From: Thomas Baumann (Thomas.Baumann@morse.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 03:41:55 EDT

Hi there,

my netatalk (current 1.4.99 from SuSE rpm) is working fine, but
having set up the facility *.* /var/log/messages in my /etc/syslog.conf
afpd creates too many info-messages in messages file,
so that my messages file grows up immense.

How can I suppress these in my /var/log/messages file
or log all netatalk-messages to another file (e.g.
/var/big-partition/atalk.log)

IŽd be glad if somebody can help me soon,
cause the free space on my harddisk decreases fastly.

Thank you for your early reply.

Thomas

Thomas Baumann tom@tiri.li
Postfach 110115 64216 Darmstadt