netatalk search volume

Subject: netatalk search volume
From: Jeff Masud (jeff@sudjam.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 22:01:00 EDT

I'm having a couple of issues with our netatalk server, maybe someone can
give ideas.

1. We are unable to search a 100GB volume, it gos and goes and goes... for
about 5 mins and the returns an error. Is there any way to index the
server like how Watson index the local drive for faster searching?

2. When I go to use Retrospect to backup the file server remotely,
Retrospect 4.3 will index the server display a list but as it starts to
run will return an error "Too many files open (-43)". The server is
running a RAID but it's really import we can do DLT backups to archive old
projects.

thanks for any suggestions.

Jeff