Re: Problems copying 'some' files; Error -50

Subject: Re: Problems copying 'some' files; Error -50
From: Harald Wagener (hwagener@fcb-wilkens.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 05:52:34 EDT

Thomas Schierle wrote:

> Do you have codepage options enabled?

[snip]

umm,no. I wanted to asked about code pages in the near future, because
we currently have problems with umlauts coming from windows clients
accessing the same data via samba.

But while we are at it: which would be 'the perfect setting' for code
pages so german umlauts at last are usable cross platform
(and, by the way, does anybody know how to configure the shell
on redhat linux in a way that this codepage is used there as
well so I can work without shell expansion tricks to access some files
on the server)?

Regards,
        Harald

--
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252