Re: Problems copying 'some' files; Error -50

Subject: Re: Problems copying 'some' files; Error -50
From: Trevor Allett (tallett@northox.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 05:29:31 EDT

At 11:22 +0200 07/31/2001, Harald Wagener wrote:
>This is with netatalk-1.4.99-0.20001108 on RedHat 7.1 on the server
>side and MacOS 9.0.4 on the client side.
>
>When copying large quantities of files onto the file server, the copy
>process does sometimes stop with 'Error -50' message.
>
>When trying to copy the offending files on their own, it wokrs _most of
>the time_, but some single files won't be copied.
>
>This error does not occur when tring to copy the file in question to
>another netatalk box running netatalk-1.5pre3 or from another client
>running MacOS 9.1/9.2
>
>So, I assume this is a problem with the software versions used. Can
>anyone confirm this?

we have a problem similar to this, whereby some files in a folder
full would only copy if copied on their own or with the option (alt)
key held down, the problem goes away if the virus protection (virex)
is disabled.
-t

==============================
Trevor Allett
IT Support unit
North Oxfordshire College,
Banbury,
Oxfordshire.	United Kingdom.
This message may contain information which is legally privileged
and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any unauthorised disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited.
Such notification notwithstanding, any comments or opinions
expressed are those of the originator, not of
North Oxfordshire College and School of Art,
unless otherwise explicitly stated.