OPI

Subject: OPI
From: Lee Blevins (leeb@digitalgraphics.net)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 17:20:26 EDT

I'm ready to pitch in my remedial c programing talents to start the ball
rolling on OPI.

I suggest the following to make this easy:

1. Standalone code that is not incorporated into Netatalk yet.
   We just get the basics of scanning a postscript file for OPI
   comments and blending the image into a final postscript file.

2. Limted file format support at first.
   I'm suggesting EPS, TIFF and Scitex CT as the only files
   supported at first. File format support should be modular in the
   code so others can be added later without completely rewriting.

3. Composite support only.
   To simplify this project I suggest it be limited to composite
   postscrip only at first. Making separations is complex and most rips
   these days are headed towards inrip seps.

I must stress that my c is a bit rusty and remedial might be stretching
the truth ever so slightly.

Anybody interested?