Re: Problems copying from a CD

Subject: Re: Problems copying from a CD
From: Lasse Lehtinen (blob@sgic.fi)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 03:46:49 EDT

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Nigel Pegram wrote:

> Never tried it myself, but could it be a bit like when copying from a CD to
> a Windows drive, that the files copied all have the read-only bit set? What
> are the permissions on the folder after the error message?

I'm copying from a Mac to a netatalk share. But the problem disappeared
when I recompiled netatalk with parameters described at Chris Herrmanns
site (http://gemini.faredge.com.au/netatalk/). Previously I used the
precompiled binary for rh 7.1. The only parameter I think that matters is
the --with-flock-locks. If anyone has similar problems, try that.