Re: Poor netatalk performance

Subject: Re: Poor netatalk performance
From: Chris Garrigues (cwg-dated-c78166dcf5a3cb04@deepeddy.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 10:35:35 EDT

> From: Thomas Kaiser <Thomas.Kaiser@phg-online.de>
> Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:21:28 +0200
>
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:54:13 +0300 (EET DST), Lasse Lehtinen wrote:
>
> > But i'm still getting some performance issues. One G4-Mac with MacOS 9.0.
> 4 and
> > AppleShare 3.8.6 is really slow with file transfers.
>
> Does this G4 connect via AFP over TCP or AppleTalk?

One of our clients had a G4 that demonstrated terrible networking problems.
It turns out that there are issues with the gigabit interface syncing with
various switches. Looking in Apple's problem database, there appear to be
other problems with the gigabit interface as well. I'd investigate hardware
issues before worrying about software.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination. For an explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft, but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.