Re: Poor netatalk performance

Subject: Re: Poor netatalk performance
From: Lasse Lehtinen (blob@sgic.fi)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 05:58:21 EDT

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Thomas Kaiser wrote:

> Hi Lasse,
>
> you have a funny LAN-Setup. Both NICs are connected via the _same_
> Switch/Hub, it seems?
>
> But that's fatal in this setup. If you want to route between the two NICs,
> they have to be connected to _different_ network segments!

I could separate them, but the mac's would still have to access TCP/IP to
the outside world. Could I route the packets from eth1 (Mac-network) to
the actual gateway that is connected to eth0? I'm not an experienced
sysadmin, therefore I would appreciate detailed instructions. We have
public ip-addresses, so there's no need for NAT, just routing the packets.