User Quotas

Subject: User Quotas
From: Matthias Studer (matthias.studer@unibas.ch)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 09:12:03 EDT

Hi all.

We have a SCSI - Software RAID level 5 RedHat 7.0 FileServer with Samba and netatalk-1.5pre6-1rh7.i386 (comes with RedHat) running.
Every user has a disk limit of 1GB (Disk Quota) and no file limit. For users who access the server with Windows (Samba) and with Linux /UNIX (SGI IRIX) Disk Quota just works fine but all our Apple Users have no limits! In their AppleShare windows they see the whole disk (RIAD) size (2TB)!
I also tried to reduce the limit to 1MB and then uploadet a file with 2 MB : no error message!
Have I missed something? Anyone else with this problem?

TIA

Matthew

Matthew Studer

Pharmacenter - Institut of Molecular Pharmacy
University of Basel

Klingelbergstrasse 50
CH-4056 Basel

http://www.pharma.unibas.ch