Re: setting up non postscript printer + access privilieges

Subject: Re: setting up non postscript printer + access privilieges
From: Christian Schmidt (ChriSchmiLi@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 08:26:38 EDT

online perspective schrieb am 15:33 Uhr +1000:

> i am trying to setup an epson photo ex connected to the linux box so that
> the mac connected to the lan would print to it,
>
> the linux box prints perfectly to it, and i ve got the windows stations
> printing too,
>
> tha mac sees the printer but returns a postscript error !

Your papd needs an input filter that can "convert" PostScript
commands into a language your printer understands. You can do this
using ghostscript. Some time ago, I found a website that provided
very useful information on this problem, but I don't remember the
URL....

Try "googl'ing" (http://www.google.com) for "Printing with netatalk"
and insert exactly these words.

hth,