Continuing problems with netatalk / server disappearing from chooser

Subject: Continuing problems with netatalk / server disappearing from chooser
From: Bas van der Linden (bas@mike.amaze.nl)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 05:20:18 EDT

Hi all,

I'm having some quite irritating problems here:

The server seems to disappear and reappear ramdomly from the chooser.
Restarting seems to cure things sometimes, or this might just be my
perception.
I cannot figure out how this would be possible.

Another thing I've noticed is that since we migrated the server from
Win NT4 to RH Linux 6.2 (with a 2.4.3-kernel and Netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.4)
is that only some of the computers show up at all on the chooser, where
they all first would show up (prior to migrating).

I've tried several things, at the moment I'm trying this:

afpd.conf:
# We are defining 2 servers here, one permits access to the general share, one permits access to the 'sys' share.
# The standard server should permit access to the general share.

- -noudp -tcp -ipaddr 195.193.216.32 -nocrlf -guest -nocleartext -guestname "nobody"

# The next server should permit to the 'sys' share

"SYS Server" -noudp -tcp -ipaddr 195.193.216.32 -port 12000 -loginmesg "Deze share is alleen voor toegang tot de 'sys' share!" -defaultvol /etc/atalk/sys-server/AppleVolumes.default -systemvol /etc/atalk/sys-server/AppleVolumes.system -nocrlf -guest -nocleartext

And atalkd.conf only shows 'eth0'.

I can connect by entering the IPadress in the server at all times.

If anyone has an idea of what I might try, I'd be really happy
to hear it! :)

Thanks so far,

Bas van der Linden

--
B.J.J. van der Linden           	-=-
Brouwersgracht 132               Amaze Internet Services