User authentication

Subject: User authentication
From: Stephan Weibelzahl (weibelza@ph-freiburg.de)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 08:29:46 EDT

Hi,

I've trouble with encrypted user authentication.

Filesharing with cleartext password works well. But if I disable
cleartext passwords (-nocleartxt) and enable the other authentication
methods (-krbiv -randnum -rand2num) in afpd.conf, the Mac says that no
authentication method is available.

I am using the SuSE rpm, thus shadowed password support is compiled in
and I provided .passwd files for every user in their home-directories
which are set to the correct permission status.

Moreover, the Mac uses 2-way encryption when connecting to other
AppleShare servers automatically, thus this box seems to be configured
perfect.

Anything else that I missed to enable encrypted authentication? Any
ideas what's going wrong?

I am running 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 (SuSE rpm) on SuSE 7.0.

Thanks for your help.

Earl.