new question: Can't log in as user but as guest

Subject: new question: Can't log in as user but as guest
From: Jürgen Weltzer (weltzer@werbeagentur-weltzer.de)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 09:14:14 EDT

Hi,
setting up a new linux box (suse 7.1) I've installed the 1.5 pre6.rpm

I made 2 test-directories, the first with access:@group (where all
the useres are in) the the second with no options.

- I can log in as guest to the second
- I can't log in in the first ("password not correct" - but it is in fact)
- I don't see the server in chooser but can connect by typing the ip.
(I've tried "modprobe appletalk" what I've read in the archive, but
... the same)

In /var/log/messages/warn I found some entries like afpd error
could not dlopen /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so no such file
and in deed: there's no such file...

Is this the reason for "no login" as user??
How can I make it working?