Presetting Folder Icons on Unix side

Subject: Presetting Folder Icons on Unix side
From: Michael Clark (michael@metaparadigm.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 00:24:49 EDT

I'm trying to work out how to preset Folder icons (on the Unix side) for
a whole bunch of users directorys (too many to do manually from the Mac
side). I'd then like to write a script to place Icon^M files and
resources automatically into users directories.

I've had a go at duplicating a another folder's (with icon) Icon^M and
.AppleDouble/Icon^M files and placing them into a new folder - problem
is the icon doesn't take - i guess its not supprising as the icon
resources are probably folder specific.

Anyone had any luck doing anything like this.

Maybe there could be an option on the netatalk server to match a folder
name and provide a specifc icon. Does the netalk already have the
ability to do this. ie the volume icon ??

~mc

--
Michael Clark,  . . . . . . . . . . . .  michael@metaparadigm.com
Metaparadigm Pte. Ltd.  . . . . . . . . . .  phone: +65 9645 9612