Re: Eudora 5.1 and Netatalk

Subject: Re: Eudora 5.1 and Netatalk
From: Hauke Fath (hf@tangro.de)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 04:01:57 EDT

At 11:04 Uhr +0200 28.05.2001, Christian Alberici wrote:
>Hy, I use a Lan with Linux server with Netatalk. I use many Mac to access
>files on the server.
>I have Eudora settings in the personal folder on the server, sometimes
>I loose the 'attachment folder' settings and my attachment goes everywere.

I don't know how Eudora keeps track of the location of the attachment
folder, but it sounds like your problem results from Netatalk's
non-persistent directory IDs.

Given your usage pattern, you'd probably be better off with avoiding
filesharing and using Eudora's IMAP facilities.

        hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        tangro software components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg