Samba/Netatalk/Codepage

Subject: Samba/Netatalk/Codepage
From: Daniel E. Lautenschleger (dan@www.molbio.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 23:04:14 EDT

I noticed when copying from an NT box running Services for Macintosh to a
Samba 2.07 box that the Samba box does not interpret certain characters
correctly such as the "trademark" symbol as well as a few others.

I wish to use Netatalk and Samba within the same folders on my Linux box
as I do on my NT box.

Something tells me that there may be a codepage issue here. Is anyone
sharing out directories in this manner? I realize that one should hide the
dot files, Network Trash, and The VolumeSettingsFolder/Icon? but wonder if
there's more to do.

Thanks.

-Dan