Re: chgrp, Illegal seek

Subject: Re: chgrp, Illegal seek
From: Axel Rose (rose@sj.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 18:03:16 EDT

I found a workaround. If permissions are set this way

# ls -ld /tmp/pdf
drwxrwsr-x 2 lp nobody ...

for the directory where I temporarily create PS and PDF file
there will be no error for chgrp() and also no need to use chgrp().

Concerning netatalk now I only wish to see refreshed folder contents
on the Mac. I'm not sure whether Macs do poll or the server sends
a signal. Why does it work under Helios or NT then?

And another off-topic but real problem is that GhostScript doesn't
work on certain files. I still need to investigate this. I create
a one line BBEdit text file, save as "123", print, everything is fine.
Now I save to a file named "ab cd xy", print and get a gs error!??

Thank you for having an opportunity to discuss this here

Sincerely

Axel

Axel Rose, Springer & Jacoby Digital GmbH & Co. KG, mailto:rose@sj.com
  pub PGP key 1024/A21CB825 E0E4 BC69 E001 96E9  2EFD 86CA 9CA1 AAC5
  "... denn alles, was entsteht, ist wert, daß es zugrunde geht ..."