Re: 1.5pre6 not installing on OpenBSD 2.8-fixed

Subject: Re: 1.5pre6 not installing on OpenBSD 2.8-fixed
From: Karen A Swanberg (swanberg@tc.umn.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 15:36:03 EDT

on 04/23/01, Matthew Keller wisely declared:

> I have had problems in the past with multiple Netatalk binaries on
> the same box - Depending on how your "path" is contructed you might
> be trying to execute the bins you're not anticipating. I would try
> to execute them manually. All you need is atalkd and afpd (you don't
> have to fool with nbpregister, etc). A good test is to (as root)
> just run (with the correct paths):
>
> /usr/local/sbin/atalkd; /usr/local/sbin/afpd -c 500 -n "Your
> Box@Your Zone" -U uams_clrtxt.so

This test ran successfully. So going on the multiple binaries theory, I
changed all of the lines in my rc.local from

if [ -x :SBINDIR:/atalkd ]; then

if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/atalkd ]; then

and now everything is running mostly smoothly (yes!) but alas, I must now
jump into the permissions thread, as I am still getting the .AppleDouble
error on the server. More over there.

Tcp_wrappers still isn't working on OpenBSD, but that's been documented at
SourceForge, under

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=108642&aid=414406&group_id=8642

and seems to be a build problem I am unable to track down.

I'll continue to beat on 1.5pre6 on OpenBSD...

Sincerely,

* *
Karen Swanberg |
Network Admin. | Error: Sector not found--
Dept. of Geology/Geophysics |search behind couch? (Y/N)
206 Pillsbury Hall |
310 Pillsbury Ave. SE |
University of Mn | Enter any 11-digit prime
Minneapolis, MN 55455 | number to continue...
(612) 624-6541 |
* *