Apple throws whole share into trash bin when signing noff

Subject: Apple throws whole share into trash bin when signing noff
From: Alexander Puff (ap@online-skating.de)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 10:54:02 EDT

Hi,

I run netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-130 on a Linux 2.2.16 server
within a heterogenous network of Macs and PCs.

If a Mac user throws the connection icon of a mounted apple share
into the desktop trash to close the connection to the server, the
client moves the whole content of the share into the local trash bin
of the Mac computer.

If the user empties the trash - which occured twice up to now - ,
the whole content of the share on the server is deleted 8(

This event happens on some of our Macs, but on different Mac OSs -
so I would say, the netatalk daemon has a problem.

Perhaps someone of you can help.

 Thanks very much in advance!

Best regards
Alexander.