Re: papd trouble

Subject: Re: papd trouble
From: Jonathan Paisley (jonp@chem.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 07:13:09 EDT

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Martin McWhorter wrote:

> I am having a problem with papd. I can see the printer in MacOS chooser,
> but can not print to it.
>
> Of course this is because when I start papd on RH 6.2 linux it stops
> shorly after with this message in the /var/log/messages
> Apr 16 15:50:28 m_mcwhorter papd[7460]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.3)
> Apr 16 15:50:36 m_mcwhorter papd[7460]: can't register lp:LaserWriter@*

That looks a bit like it can't register the name because it's already
registered (i.e. there's already a LaserWriter called lp on the network,
or some previous instance of papd died without unregistering).

try

$ nbpunrgstr lp:Laserwriter

I'm not entirely sure what the syntax of that command is (I've not tried
this recently), but you should get the idea.

--
Jonathan Paisley
jonp@chem.gla.ac.uk