is it possible (new to list)

Subject: is it possible (new to list)
From: trevor allett (tallett@northox.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 06:10:10 EDT

...Hi,
I just need to know if i am barking up the wrong tree or not,

i have a server running SuSE Linux 7 with Netatalk, everything works
well and there are no problems,

so far so good.

What i want to do is have access to two shares (on the same server),
one that is my own personal area and one which is the "MacAdmin" area
that other members of IT Support have access to, so far i have
managed this by using the
"AppleVolumes"-file-in-the-home-directory-of-each-user trick and this
works if i then create a group that only I and "MacAdmin" belong to
and the permissions on each of our home directories are; drwxrws--- .
the only problem is that the Network Trash Folder keeps appearing as
a drop box with a regularity that i haven't been able to pin down
yet, it seems to be some thing to do with who owns the Network Trash
Folder on the others volume, if you see what I mean.

any way thanks for listening,

--
==============================
Trevor Allett
IT Support unit
North Oxfordshire College,
Banbury,
Oxfordshire.	United Kingdom.
This message may contain information which is legally privileged
and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any unauthorised disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited.
Such notification notwithstanding, any comments or opinions
expressed are those of the originator, not of
North Oxfordshire College and School of Art,
unless otherwise explicitly stated.