multiple AFP servers?

Subject: multiple AFP servers?
From: Flint Million (dukenukm@zevils.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 00:58:30 EDT

Hello...
I have been experimenting with the idea of running multiple AFP servers on
one copy of netatalk. I've edited the afpd.conf file to include all the
servers I want to run. Here is the problem: I can change the DEFAULT and
SYSTEM AppleVolumes files, but not the AppleVolumes file for each user.
For example, say I wanted two servers: one for home directory access and
another for access to a Samba-enabled directory - SEPARATE from the
homedir. One might be called "Linux AFP" and the other called
"Windows-compatible Shared"...

Can I tell netatlk to use different USER.applevolumes files as
well as different default ones? For instance, I want the default AFP
server to use ~/.AppleVolumes and the secondary server to use
~/.AppleVolumes.samba

Also, can I restrict certain users from using the secondary server? Say I
have two users: user1 and user2, and user1 should be able to access both
servers, but user2 should only be able to access the first server; if he
tries to access the secondary server, his password is rejected.

 Flint Million
dukenukm@zevils.com