RE: Guest Access only, no authentication

Subject: RE: Guest Access only, no authentication
From: Walt (pippin@fred.net)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 15:24:54 EDT

In Mac OS versions prior to 9, I think you have
to install the Mac AppleShare Client 3.8.6
update to get better passwords...

I am a lousy one to give advice, however, since
I keep having permissions errors with every
install of Netatalk since I attempted 1.5pre5
including a patched version that I installed from
source. *Sigh* Oddly enough, even when I
uninstalled it and switched back to 1.4+asun,
my Mac client still uses a somewhat invalid
permission scheme (Creates files 666 instead
of 775) and it seems to have problems saving
from certain applications. Patiently awaiting
next release and wishing I knew C. :-)

Walt

-~

     It is easy to build a philosophy. It doesn't have to run.
                         Charles Kettering