Re: 31 Character File Name Length Limit

Subject: Re: 31 Character File Name Length Limit
From: Alon (arohter@macalester.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 19:27:48 EDT

This is a very good point. Mac's truncate Joliet cds on their own, so I
guess they could probably handle and truncate long-named network
shares...if they were being shown by the server in the first place. Does
anybody know offhand where in the code the hiding of long file names is?
If I can find the time in the next few weeks I'll have a look, but it'd be
nice if someone knew where it was already.

aLoN