Re: 31 Character File Name Length Limit

Subject: Re: 31 Character File Name Length Limit
From: Alon (arohter@macalester.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 21:26:53 EDT

This is very true. Which is why most OS's don't have length limits anymore
(mostly). Unfortunately I still have to deal with an OS that does. I'm
hoping the switch to OS X will eventually solve my problem, but for now I'd
settle for a comprimise. A simple solution to the truncation problem is to
do what Microsoft does:

Program Files = progra~1
Programs I Use = progra~2
Programs = progra~3.......etc.

It isn't very pretty I know, but it does work. The names might not be
particularly obvious, but at least they'd be seen on the Mac side.

aLoN