Re: Mac OS X and netatalk...

Subject: Re: Mac OS X and netatalk...
From: Chad Leigh, Objectwerks, Inc. (chad@objectwerks.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 23:35:25 EST

Well, I have had no problem connecting to a netatalk1.4+asun on FreeBSD
system from two different MacOSX boxes and my Mac OS X machines are faster
than the Public Beta, and I am using it for real work, both development and
text writing as well as other sorts of work.

I did have one problem with OS X and netatalk but I don't know what the
real issue is. I used OS X to copy an OS 9 application and support files
from an HSF+ disk on the Mac to the netatalk server described above and
thej went to an OS 9 box to try to run the app of the netatalk volume but
it gave an error -39 every time I tried to run the app by double clicking
it. I erased it off the netatalk and rebooted the OS X machine into OS 9
and copied it over and then went to the other machine and it ran fine. But
in general the netatalk volume behaves exactly the same to both OS X and OS
9 machines.

Chad

--On Tuesday, March 27, 2001 8:26 PM +0200 Jason Quigley <jasonq@mac.com>