Re: zone router

Subject: Re: zone router
From: alan premselaar (alien@12inch.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 12:39:07 EST

Chad,

   I have this working (to a small degree) at home. Try changing your
network address settings (which should force your macs to see the change)
if you can. something like:

eth0 -router -phase 2 -net 10-20 -zone "Staff" -zone "RTL" -zone "Faculty"
-zone "EMPT" -zone "Public"

and then restart the appletalk services, and then open the appletalk
control panel on a mac and it should complain about the network settings,
and then rescan the appletalk network, etc.

alan

At 9:15午前 -0500 3.26.01, Chad Cunningham wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, alan premselaar wrote:
>
> > Basically, here's why you would want to perform "routing" on a single
> > interface. Say you have multiple macs on one single subnet, but there's
> > enough appletalk devices (printers, servers, clients, etc) broadcasting
> > appletalk services to clutter your chooser. You could define multiple
> > zones in a single subnet and have different devices broadcast in different
> > zones accordingly.
>
>That is my understanding, and this is exactly what I want to do. So it
>sounds like it *should* be working, it's just not... Could this be a bug?
>Does anyone have this working? Should I back off to the old 1.4b2+asun
>release?

----
  there's nothing like the undying sense of reliability provided by modern
technology.
----
alan premselaar
alien@12inch.com