Re: O-BSD 2.8 1.5pre5 compile errors (was rand2num)

Subject: Re: O-BSD 2.8 1.5pre5 compile errors (was rand2num)
From: Jean-Philippe Rey (jprey@ads.ecp.fr)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 15:30:53 EST

Hi Karen,

I too had some problems installing netatalk 1.5pre3 on OpenBSD 2.8.

First the standard make cannot be used, you have to install gnu make.
I used the package gmake-3.79.1.tgz which works fine.

I had a problem that I traced back to libtool (I used the package
libtool-1.3.5.tgz). I worked around the problem by editing the
libtool script created in the source directory by configure. I added
the line

      output_objdir=.

near the beginning, after line 368.

And by the way, libtool should reside in /usr (and not /usr/local as
is the default location for the package). Install the package like
that:

      pkg_add -p /usr libtool-1.3.5.tgz

or you have to change the symlinks (config.guess, config.sub,
ltconfig, etc.) in the netatalk source directory.

I also had a problem with undefined symbols in libwrap.a, I just
dropped the --with-tcp-wrappers parameter of configure.

I had a last problem because configure did not set the config_h
parameter correctly. So I edited the file config.h and added the line

#define NO_CRYPT_H 1

And after that everything went smoothly.

Summary
-------

./configure
vi libtool -> 368a output_objdir=.
vi config.h -> 6a #define NO_CRYPT_H 1
gmake
gmake install

worked for me.

Hope that helps.

--
Jean-Philippe Rey           Délégué informatique - École Centrale Paris
jprey@ads.ecp.fr            92295 Châtenay-Malabry Cedex - France