Appletalk over IP not working

Subject: Appletalk over IP not working
From: Eric Long (eric@metrotv.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 14:20:41 EST

I've followed the instructions, searched on the web, in past mailing lists,
etc. etc. and still cannot figure out how to get afpd to work.

In my logs I get the following:

main: atp_open: Can't assign requested address

In my afpd.conf file:

"MACHINE NAME" -tcp -ipaddr 192.158.1.1 -port 548

I'm specifying the correct ip address, even let afpd try grabbing an ip on
its on (the box only has one IP assigned to it). I'm at a loss for what
else I should try and do.

Running netatalk 1.4b2 (installed from the ports collection with all the
proper patches) on FreeBSD 4.1.1.

Any suggestions?

-Eric