Re: Locking propigation probelm samba to netatalk & netatalk to samba

Subject: Re: Locking propigation probelm samba to netatalk & netatalk to samba
From: Hauke Fath (hf@Tangro.DE)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 06:18:53 EST

At 22:17 Uhr +0100 13.03.2001, Frank Joerdens wrote:

>What I'm wondering is: Isn't the whole issue becoming somewhat moot with
>Mac OS X which has NFS support, and a flat filesystem to boot?

Just about when the last "Classic" MacOS machine leaves the shop.
I.e.: "Not yet."

And, while NFS may be supported by X, I have not come across a
statement that it is going to be the preferred filesharing mechanism.

        hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        tangro software components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg