Re: Pre 4 and 5

Subject: Re: Pre 4 and 5
From: Nikolas Hagelstein (hagelstein@hauptsache.net)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 09:07:30 EST

> > Okay, since Pre 4 and Pre 5 have issues relating to file perms and
> > copy/delete problems on RH 7, what happened after 3 to cause these
> > problems?
MDK7.2 also has the same problems

> imho the problems are caused by a change in ./libatalk/adouble/ad_open.c
> from
> admode = ad_mode( ad_p, mode );
> admode = ad_mode( ad_p, O_RDWR );
May be this depends on the definiton of O_RDWR in
/usr/include/bits/fcntl.h (which belongs to glibc-devel)
on RH7 and MDK7.2 systems it is defined as 02...
it seems as if O_RDWR is "ANDED" with the original mode
which is a very bad thing if O_RWDR is set to 02...
could someone who has no problems with pre4 and pre5 please
tell me what O_RDWR is set to on his system ?
thxn4ward,
                Nikolas