Re: SOLVED: FreeBSD - Building 1.5pre3...

Subject: Re: SOLVED: FreeBSD - Building 1.5pre3...
From: Jason Quigley (jasonq@mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 17:09:10 EST

Hi David!

Just place the attached file into /usr/include/

I originally got this from the FreeBSD CVS web interface.

One thing I have noticed, though: I was having problems creating folders on
the network. I would get an error stating that I hadn't the privilege to
create it. As has happened to many people, the folder was created anyway.
The main problem is is that this makes copies bomb out which have files or
folders within folders, etc.

With 1.5pre4, this went away. Aha, great I thought! Only problem was,
copying any file onto the network would give me an error saying that it
could not be copied because it was locked!

I compiled netatalk-1.4.99-0.20001108 and this runs fine. I can create
folders and copy files without any trouble.

Anyway, this is my last message of the day. Time for beer. Lots of lovely
beer!

Good luck!!

Cheers,
Jason.

On 2/3/01 22:18, "David Miller" wrote:

> How did you finally resolve the missing crypt.h problem? I'm trying to
> build on OpenBSD and am running into the same thing.
>

> David Miller
> Systems Administrator
> Department of Design
> Department of Art
> The Ohio State University
>
> ph: 614.688.5907
> fx: 614.292.0217

/*
 * Copyright (c) 1999
 * Mark Murray. All rights reserved.
 *
 * are met:
 * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
 * documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY MARK MURRAY AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
 * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
 * ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MARK MURRAY OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
 * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
 * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
 * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
 * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
 * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
 * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
 * SUCH DAMAGE.
 *
 * $FreeBSD: /c/ncvs/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.h,v 1.5 2000/08/22 02:15:52 green Ex
p $
 *
 */

/* magic sizes */
#define MD5_SIZE 16

char *crypt_des(const char *pw, const char *salt);
char *crypt_md5(const char *pw, const char *salt);

extern void _crypt_to64(char *s, unsigned long v, int n);