Re: No rc.atalk Present

Subject: Re: No rc.atalk Present
From: jeff (jeff@univrel.pr.uconn.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 15:30:06 EST

"Daniel E. Lautenschleger" wrote:

> You've got to be kidding me...
>
> What the heck does --enable-redhat do? In fact, where the hell is complete
> documentation on the various installation options as well as what's been
> fixed after each release!!!!!!
>
> Not trying to piss anyone off. Jeff has done a fine job so far :-) It
> justs gets frustrating at times.
>
> No flaming please. Just a bit of venting. I am now patient and
> grateful once again...

That's okay. I'm not offended.

I *know* that documentation is lacking, other than the usually unhelpful
"./configure --help", which still doesn't explain much about the
options.

If anyone would like to help out, it would be much appreciated, since
the README was last slightly patched when I had a little bit of free
time, and I haven't really had time to maintain it.

Might move the --enable-redhat,--enable-suse, etc switches to
--enable-sysv=(redhat|suse|...) or something in the future, since a ton
of switches like that is just bound to get confusing.

jeff
(with tremendous apologies for the cross-posting)