File Copy Errors

Subject: File Copy Errors
From: Bryn Hughes (bhughes@vcc.bc.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 17:36:01 EST

I've recently started running into two problems with my netatalk box:

1. I've been getting Type -50 errors when copying files to the server sometimes. I haven't seen this often enough myself to know exactly what the problem is, but my users claim they've seen it a lot. I THINK it's mostly for file types that have resource forks, but I'm not sure.

2. I've got one folder that whenever I create a new folder in it, I get a message saying that I don't have permission to create the folder. Yet it DOES create it anyhow! I can then rename it and use it normally. Anything I do WITHIN one of the folders I create in this directory are also working normally. Any ideas?

Netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 running on a Yellow Dog Linux 1.2 with all updates installed (including kernel 2.2.17)

Thanks in advance,

Bryn

Cecil Paris
Vancouver Community College