Re: Wrapping MIME around an appledouble file

Subject: Re: Wrapping MIME around an appledouble file
From: Chris Garrigues (cwg-dated-ed508a7ccda70071@deepeddy.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 10:24:25 EST

> From: Steven Karel <karelsf@brandeis.edu>
> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:43:42 -0500
>
> Why not just have perl call macbinary (part of the netatalk package) and
> then transmit the resulting file?
>
> macbinary somefile
> then return somefile.bin
>
> This is the standard thing that Mac FTP clients do.
>
> see
>
> man macbinary

That worked. Thanks. Annoyingly, the RPM didn't include the macbinary alias.

Also, it would have been nice if macbinary could have sent it's output to
stdout, but anyway, my problem is solved.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination. For an explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft, but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.