Re: Why do long names (char > 27) not created through atalk not show up over atalk?

Subject: Re: Why do long names (char > 27) not created through atalk not show up over atalk?
From: Cliff Crawford (cjc26@cornell.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 19:11:32 EST

* Chris Harwell <charwell@digitalpulp.com> menulis:
> hi,
>
> When a file with a long file name is created in linux (in this case via scp)
> it doesn't show up over atalk. If a file with a long name is created over
> netatlk it does.
>
> Anyway around this?

Not really, Mac OS has a 32-character limit on filenames. So you have to
make sure the filenames are shorter than that for them to show up.

(If the cutoff you're experiencing really is at 27 characters, like it
says in the subject, and not 32, then I guess it's not the Mac OS
filename limit that's causing it..I don't know what could be wrong in
that case.)

--
Cliff Crawford                 http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
"huh?  Are you all there?  You missing some key parts up there?  Becoming