Re: Building 1.5pre3 for FreeBSD

Subject: Re: Building 1.5pre3 for FreeBSD
From: Bill Moran (wmoran@mail.iowna.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 16:51:01 EST

Ralph Dratman wrote:
> At 1:28 PM -0500 2/5/01, Bill Moran wrote:
> >You can also install the Netatalk version with asun patches to fix this.
> >Although I've heard that the 1.5pre is even better. (advantage to the
> >version with the asun patches is there's a FreeBSD port/package
> >available, so installation is a snap)
>
> Where would I get the "version with asun patches" as a FreeBSD
> package? And what version number or other identifier would I want to
> look for?

netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3_1 is the version you're looking for.
If you want the package find it on this page:
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/net.html
There's a link straight to the binary tarball on that page. Once
downloaded you can installed it with pkg_add(1)
You can also go to the /usr/ports/net/netatalk-asun/ directory and do
"make install" if you have the ports tree.

I want to reiterate that others on this list have commented that 1.5pre
is more reliable than 1.4+asun. Personally, I have no experience with
1.5pre so I can't compare the two, but you may want to look at both.

-Bill