Re: Hidden Files Not Being Copied

Subject: Re: Hidden Files Not Being Copied
From: Bill Moran (wmoran@mail.iowna.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 12:58:17 EST

Ray Zimmerman wrote:

> At 10:30 AM -0500 1/18/01, Bill Moran wrote:
> >I'm not terribly familiar with Macs, how do you set a file to be
> >invisible?
>
> Each file has a set of attributes stored with it indicating whether
> it is visible, the file type, creator app, whether it is locked, etc.

Is this part of the resource fork?
If so, how is this resource fork represented through Netatalk? The
invisible attribute could be stored there as well.
Another thought: Why are dotfiles ignored to begin with? Why not just
hide the .AppleDouble and .AppleDesktop files but show other dotfiles?

Getting philosophical,
Bill