Re: Netatalk and NFS

Subject: Re: Netatalk and NFS
From: Mike Johnson (mikej@lunar.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 13:57:11 EST

Hello,

Any time I've gotten a -50 error with a mac, it has been about the
server's permissions. You will need to check to make sure you're using
the appropriate settings on that.

You might find it useful to use the "gid" option with the mount command.
"gid=users" can be added to force the contents of your NFS mounts to
appear as owned by group "users". You'll probably want the NFS mount to
appear under the same group as who you'll be logging in to the netatalk
server as.

That's my guess at least. Mileage may vary.

- Mike Johnson