Re: Linux ?

Subject: Re: Linux ?
From: Thomas Schierle (ts@visual-s.de)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 19:26:35 EST

On 01-01-08 16:29 +0100, Matthew Keller <kellermg@potsdam.edu> wrote:

> Thomas Schierle wrote:
>>
>> The manual to SuSE 7.0 (kernel already supporting LVM) just says, don't
>> enable LVM unless you know exactly what you are doing ...
>
> SuSe 7.0 isn't running the 2.4.0 kernel, either.

The kernel that comes with SuSE 7.0 is feature enriched -- a couple of
2.4.0 kernel features are ported back to kernel 2.2.16.

boot.msg contains a line "<6> LVM version 0.8e ..." for me.

>> Can you point to some related good readings at the internet?
>
> There isn't anything good out there yet AFAIK. 2.4.0 just went gold
> last week.

Thanks, saves me from wasting my time with searches at Google.
Looks like I should wait for the kernel upgrade appear at SuSEs
web site and take a look at the accompanying docs first.

--
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers