Re: Working over TCP

Subject: Re: Working over TCP
From: Peter Gutowski (peter@linuxchamps.com)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 10:57:04 EST

The problem is probably not afpd but rather, your nameserver. The name as it appears in the chooser must resolve to an IP address on the local network. But it's still a bit more complicated than that, and I believe that the hostname or domain name of the linux box has some influence here. (You can also use the "Server IP address..." button to enter either the hostname or I23.456.789.012)

Netatalk builds file permissions from the directory as it is published. So (pre-) adjust those directories to your needs. Netatalk created files pickup the owner/group from the person logging in, so I guess if you need things to be different from what /etc/passwd says, then you should think of making the changes there.

--
Peter Gutowski <peter@linuxchamps.com> // tel.: (413) 587-3957

"When in company, put not your hands to any part of the body not usually discovered." --George Washington, _Rules for Civility and Decent Behavior_

On Tuesday, January 2, 2001, Miguel Beccari <miguel.beccari@clikka.com> wrote: >I have appletalk builded-in in my 2.2.18. >I downloaded asun+netatalk, des.h and libdes.a. >I compiled all with DES and PAM. >No errors while compiling. >I run /etc/rc.d script and voilą... > >netatalk is working fine...... > >but not over tcp! > >with ps ax I can see afpd running, >I edited my afpd.conf in several ways.... but never with >success :( > >Second question: > >Is it possible to force a user to a UID/GID ??? > >In samba I use force user = myUID > force group = myGID > umask = 0755